We are often asked about e-mail marketing and how and why should my company use email marketing. Below are a few definitions of e-mail marketing. We can assist you in setting up your email marketing.
Definition of email marketing
- sending commercial to a group of people
- meant to build trust with your company
- develop and maintain a relationship with your customers
- sent to a list of current customers – don’t purchase a list build your list
- encourage customer loyalty
- to educate your customers on your products
Why use email marketing?
- cheaper and faster than traditional mail
- using an email service provider allows you to monitor the effectiveness of your campaign
- campaigns can be personalized
- opt-in allows you to market to customers who want to hear from you
Disadvantages of email marketing
- Deliverability is the number one obstacle-recipients receive a lot of emails per day and you need your email to stand out
Best time to send my emails
- Keep to a schedule to allow your clients and prospects to know when to expect your emails
- Know your target audience -after searching on the internet there were thousands of answers
- Generally, Tuesday or Thursday between 10 and 11 am
- Do your own testing using your email provider. Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Robly.
- ensure you check with your country regarding email programs.
- Canada’s law – “Canada Anti-Spam Law” (CASL) went into effect on July 1, 2014. CASL requires an explicit or implicit opt-in from users, and the maximum fines for noncompliance are CA$1 million for individuals and $10 million for businesses.
For more information please contact